Saturday, September 12, 2009

The timing kit and oil pump are acquired. w00t!

Yep you heard right. JG hooked me up with a timing kit and Turbo 280zx oil pump. Tomorrow we go out and timing chain, get the clutch slave cylinder on, flush out the fluids, bleed the brakes, and get her started (hopefully) and cruise around to see our hard work in action. Hopefully I can take her home tomorrow. I hate not being able to drive it yet lol. The more we're working on it, the more I can honestly say that the car is starting to get more and more attached to our hearts.

The wife and I are going to enter her in the San Diego Club Racing Series (racing series promoted to any individual that has 300+ treadwear tires and a mechanically sound car), so it's a race to get this thing road worthy and reliable. Since the event is also going to involve a drag race, I'm worried about breaking an (maybe both) axles. I do have a couple lying in wait just in case that were to happen though.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you use some anti-seize on those axles, I always end up breaking bolts at the worst possible times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner, Jane, has given her 240Z an absolute caning at the drags with no apparent axle problems (so far).

    ReplyDelete