Monday, October 19, 2009

Almost over a month with no update...

Sorry folks, things have been really busy over here. In short I'll recap everything that's happened so far:

Timing chain done and valves adjusted
Brake problem figured out (little disc in the master cylinder was loose and had fallen off the from the proportioning valve causing the brakes to either be 100% or nothing).
Car has been Seafoamed
New Battery
New Brass Battery Terminals
New electric fan and internal 30amp override switch.
New Water Pump as the old one was leaking
Oil change done
Motor & transmission mounts bought and ready to be installed

The exhaust is going to go on sometime this week I hope, but she's running pretty healthily now. No problems in traffic and the radiator fan works like a charm. :)

More later :)

4 comments:

  1. All right! Good to see some progress. How did the seafoam go? I've never used it before, but heard both amazing and lackluster reports on how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used it to clean out the gunk in the engine..had it sucked right into the carbs to make an impressive smoke screen lol. It's hard to consider a before/after considering when I got the car it was running like absolute crap and falling apart mechanically. I'm just going through a list of items that I want to get through so that the car can be autocrossed and drag raced :) My best friend who is also a mechanic says is good, especially on an engine you don't know the condition of, so that's why I went ahead and did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small steps toward betterment! :-) I'm sure the insides are better for it. Lot of good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks..couldn't have done it w/o Kristen's help too :) We put a lot of wrench time into this car already! :)

    ReplyDelete