Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The weekly car gtg was dead....but eventful!

Swung by the shop to get the coolant reservoir installed with the help of JG's tools so I don't end up spilling freaking coolant everywhere every so often and pissing off the EPA lol. The car is running really strong and we just started looking over the car yet again to see what else needs to get done to it. On the way to the meet I actually ended up running out of gas because I don't have the fuel gauge hooked up because of a bad connector. I need to get that fixed, but I found out the range amounted to roughly 175 miles on a full tank.

Get a fresh oil change, install the exhaust and tune the carbs with the wideband and get a new windshield. I can't pass tech like that at any motorsport event considering there's a fat stone chip in it and the rubber that's holding the windshield in place is completely destroyed and cracked. YIIKES. That I will end up getting done fairly soon. The SDCR (http://www.sdclubracing.com/forum) is starting in a couple of weeks so we need to make sure that the car is as ready as can be.

I'll need to also install the 4point harness soon so that we'll have full flexibility on strap adjustments for any driver.

Getting that much closer to getting done. I'm looking forward to that sexy exhaust too :)
Once I do get the exhaust on, I'll do a before and after vid. I may also convert to HID's sometime soon providing I can fix the fuse box (aka find a better one).

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely interested in seeing how you're mounting your harnesses. Did you get a premade cross-bar or did you weld something up yourself? I've been considering welding a straight bar of Chro-moly to both strut towers and tying my harnesses around it.

    ReplyDelete