Friday, August 28, 2009

And the work begins...began..oh whatever

Wednesday night was car work night. Met up with Justin and the wife since I had to work late all week and had him get started on the rear wheel cylinder. PITA!! I can see why so many people switch to RWDB's!

In any case, we installed the new fuel pump, new spark plugs and new spark plug wires (Kristen had to help with the distributor positioning...I just couldn't figure it out lol), new radiator hoses are test fitted, but not on because the water return assembly is completely rusted and disintegrates on touch. It's a wonder it was still in one piece, so I have to get that from MSA most likely. Also noticed that the radiator cap is made by AC Delco, so I placed the order for a 13psi rated one from Rising Sun. No AC Delco parts on my car thanks. Seems like I'm going to need about 2 or 3 feet of 5/8" fuel hoses rated at 50psi to continue some of the fuel line connections in the engine bay. After that we kind of ran out steam, but at least it's somewhat coming along now. It's always nice to see new parts go in. This will definitely help the morale of things :)

Unfortunately the hope of getting her autocross ready by the 30th won't be happening. I've got to get motor mounts and a new tranny mount before then as well and that'll have to wait until the finances get settled in a bit. Not only that the jobs are taking a bit more time than expected because of the condition of the car. It'll also take a while to redo the brake lines w/the stainless ones picked up.

However, I want to get this ready by mid September. I already got a letter from the DMV that I need to get liability insurance for this car (since I didn't register it as non-op just yet) so I want to make sure it gets on the road soon!

More to come! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Things never happen the way you want them to. It sounds like you are making good progress. I hope you get it on the road soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly! Yes I'm excited to see what the car feels like stock. If it'll even perform halfway to what I'm used to seeing, I'll have my hands full :)

    ReplyDelete