Sunday, August 16, 2009

The partsen are in! w00t!

A picture is worth a thousand words, so yeah I got two!! Pardon the picture quality suckage. I took these with my camera phone as my wife happens to have both cameras with her on her "Girls only trip" with her sister and mom, but I wanted to share regardless.

I'm still on the lookout for one rear right wheel cylinder (preferably Dorman brand) and I think I might say screw it to the stainless steel lines and go for the regular hoses to get the car on the road for the time being and see how they hold up in autocross. Regarding that, I did some soul searching and decided to get the mechanical fuel pump in for now until I decide on what I really want to do with this motor. I might just do an L28 turbo swap, but honestly I'm kind of starting to get attached to the L24 (even though we haven't really worked on it just yet to find out the condition). Maybe that'll change after I actually drive it around some. Justin seems to be confident it'll hold up for a race on the 30th, so we'll need to put this thing together pretty damn quick! I'm excited!!!!!



And finally, here's a pic of something pretty nifty on the Fuel Pump box. I didn't know that the original mechanical fuel pump used in the 240z was also a bolt in for the Skyline GT-X (yep not a misprint). That's pretty freakin' cool (at least I think so). I'm so glad I picked up this car with just little surprises that you learn here and there. Anyways :



I recognized the HS30, the S30, and didn't know what the KGC118 was, and I found it out it was the GT-X.

Here's a cool vid I found of one on youtube. I gotta say it reminds me a bit of a Chevelle which I guess was the style back then. I gotta say though, it's hard to believe that these even came from the same country. The GT-X looks like it was designed stateside!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8f_mju234Q

2 comments:

  1. Just to be on the safe side we run the mechanical fuel pump and an electric one down by the tank. One sucks and the other pushes. We had problems with fuel vaporising in the summertime. Not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! Not a bad idea to have redundancy :)

    ReplyDelete