Saturday, July 25, 2009

Build progress halted a little bit..

Hi all,

Instead of doing a half-ass job on these items, I figured the best thing to do is to gather all the parts and try to do them with the help of my friend in one fell swooop. I've got a few other parts that need to come in, but I'm very pleased with the rate these are coming in by. Some crucial items like the PCV hose, as well some other tid bits that I can't think of off the top of my head need to ordered first and then I'll be able to do the entire job without running into frustrating delays.

I have decided to actually not work on the car this weekend to save myself from getting pissed off that I just have put another bucket load of money into parts and haven't gotten it off jack stands yet. Purely psychological at this point, but hey what're ya gonna do. As such, my original plan to get the car up and running by the 8/2 autocross event has been kind of set back. Now my more realistic expectation is to just get it off stands by the end of August. Between handling my marriage, work, my consulting gig, my race-team for the SDGC, things get pretty hectic, and honestly I'm thinking of taking a day off this time around to enjoy my weekend.

I feel as though the car is just begging to be driven and I want to get it to that point, but if there's one thing I learned from working on the Spec V, you can't rush good quality parts for good money. Despite the fact that this is a Datsun, and parts are cheap, I'd rather take my time and not take shortcuts. The car will still be there when I go up there in a couple of weeks. Thank god for Justin's generosity lol.

More later..hopefully with a pic of the boxen o'parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment