Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 is an important year for our Z.

For many, the new year is home to the ever popular resolution tradition and sitting here with my wife and I, it's no different. Think back if you will, the insane amount of work that has been done in the latter part of 2009. The car was a complete pile of junk when we picked it up. My best friend even mentioned not to pick it up, but something about this Z captured my eye. It wasn't anything I could begin to explain to anyone else, but could only be understood by folks that have been in my shoes. The simple fact is this: This would be the start of a long and arduous journey for all parties involved. There will be many thousands of hard earned dollars ready to be spent without hesitation, because it is what completes my life. It is what completes OUR life. I cannot have gotten this far with the car without the continuous support and actual elbow grease from my wife and best friend.

With that said, I have to say that 2010 is a significant year for us and our Z. It is with great pleasure that we announce that Kairi, Kristen, and myself will be doing a full SCCA Autocross season. With finances looking on the up and the car becoming more and more familiar to work on, we tend to not only race a full season, but also prep the car for serious body work. We intend to fully restore this car and go with semi-race setup on the car so we can still have it streetable. This is our passion, this is our dream. I consider myself pretty dang lucky for having a wife that not only encourages and supports this, but wants to be an integral part of the process.

Well our 2 week Christmas/New Year's trip was actually cut short early for a few reasons, but after we did get back to San Diego and immediate fires were put out, JG, Kristen and I decided that we would go ahead and paint the car so that it's at least just one color to make the car halfway decent. 21 cans, 3 hours of work, and 3 woozy heads later this was the result. Not bad for $40 lol :p

Here are some pictures, but you can see the entire album HERE.



2 comments: